Monday, May 5, 2008

So - Is Ty my cousin?

This is Austin chasing Drexel at their house Saturday. It was a fun fun weekend for Ty's 18th Birthday. Drexel's burning question is how he's related to "the kids". Ty is so great with him. I mean there is 13 years difference and he's still great. He plays with him and gave him his transformer tank off his birthday cake. Wow. Big deal for Lil Drexel. All the kids for the most part get along with him except Tom's youngest. She finds him to be annoying. Hmmm...probably because the others think she's annoying as it goes through the hierarchy of children. Poor things. However on the way home Drexel had to call Ty - his new bestest buddy - tell him thank you again for his transformer and talk non stop. Ty is planning to come and visit here in a few weeks. Hopefully he will get to. I know of a particular little boy that will be tickled to spend some time with him. Ty leaves for Basic Training in a few weeks and I know it's going to be tough on the other kids and on his mom for him to be out of the house. He's such a great kid. I hope we get to make it for his high school graduation and his graduations in the Army. It's important to support him no matter what. I don't think the grasp is here for the other kids that he's not going to be around every day to protect them like he has for the last several years. I'll post more but I'll also tell you this. Drexel is sleeping soundly this morning. He was worn out after spending the weekend with his "brothers and sisters".

No comments: