Monday, July 14, 2008

Go Cubs Go!!!

Well, Drexel enjoyed his very first Cubs game on Friday.   What a day it was.  We had lots of fun and well, some uncomfortable moments but Mommie can blog all day about that.  I'll leave her in charge.  :)  
This is the beginning of the day with Breakfast at Johnny's in King Pin.
We then set off on our journey with 6 Cavallo busses and Drexel's first trip to Chicago and Wrigley Field.  I made sure to pack the DVD player and plenty of snacks as this would be a long drive and one he wouldn't understand but I'd make sure he would be awake for the Michigan Ocean!
We pulled the busses in and he had called Grandma and Grandpa and told them all about seeing Michigan Ocean (My dad always calls it that because you can't see the other side from Lake Shore Drive) and then we were there.  The Friendly Confines.
I didn't want my picture taken, but she took it anyway.  Oh well. 
The game itself remained a pitchers duel, so a little boring as a fan but a good game.  We had a hot dog, a soda, bought stuff from the gift shop, and took pictures.  Here's a few.

Well, that was the game.  Then we stayed at the end...we sang Go Cubs Go! and then headed back home after our long outing at Wrigley Field.  It didn't take long and here's what I found.
Cubs Tickets: $75/each
Hot dog and Soda:  $20
Cubs Tshirt:  $25
Seeing his first Cubs Victory at Wrigley:  Priceless

No comments: